1/32 Photos of Rainbow Cupcakes
Steph H.'s Note:
These cupcakes have become quite popular on several of the Livejournal baking communities. They are fun, funky, and very easy to make! A great project to do with kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the cake batter according to package directions.
- 2Evenly divide prepared batter into several different bowls. The amount of bowls will depend on the amount of colors you want for your cupcakes.
- 3Add a generous amount of gel food coloring to each bowl until you have a vibrant batter.
- 4I usually mix 7 bowls - red, orange, pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- 5Line your muffin tin with paper cups and then begin spooning the colored batter into the cups.
- 6Add batter color by color, one tablespoon of red in each of the cups, then added a tablespoon of orange on top of the red, and so on until all colors were used. The colors will not "leak".
- 7Fill the cups approximately 2/3 full of batter.
- 8Bake as directed on the box.
- 9Allow the cupcakes to cool completely, and frost to your liking.
- 10I used whipped cream cheese frosting to give the cupcakes a "cloud" effect.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 362.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g