Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love couscous, and what could be more easier to make, than this for last minute barbeque invitations or pot luck dinners. Eat and enjoy. Could substitute rice for couscous.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 3 -4 stalks celery
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (depending on your taste)
- Put couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water.
- Stir to mix and leave until cool.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Mix in onion,peppers carrots,celery,peas, and currants.
- Combine together all the dressing ingredients, pour over salad and mix well.
I really enjoyed this salad. However, I did add a little bit of sugar to the dressing because I found the vinegar to be a bit strong. I also added ground black pepper and a dash of garlic powder, and went lightly on the curry powder (personal taste). Enjoyed this salad alongside barbequed chicken. Would also be good to add cooked, shredded chicken to the salad for a nice lunch:) ~Manda
I loved the dressing on this salad and will surely be preparing this dish again. I made my couscous with 1 part couscous to 2 parts water as it said on the box. I wish I had made a bit more than 1 cup dry as it seemed like there was just a bit too much stuff for the amount of semolina. (A matter of personal taste.) Nonetheless this was very tasty and I would suggest it to my couscous loving friends. Thanks Tryntje.