Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm from New York and trying to find a good baker in Florida to buy these has been hard, so I made my own and they are a hit. I usually have to make double batches because they are gone the first day!
- Cream together almond paste, butter, eggs, and sugar.
- Add flour slowly. Mix until all combined.
- Separate dough into three equal parts in separate bowls.
- Add red food coloring to one bowl.
- Add blue to the other. You can color the other bowl if you prefer.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
- Spread dough out onto tray.
- Repeat using remaining trays and dough.
- Bake 350°F for ten minutes.
- Let cool. When cool, invert onto hard surface like counter tops lined with saran wrap or parchment paper.
- Take red cookie layer and spread with half of the raspberry jam.
- Place blue layer on top.
- Spread blue layer with raspberry jam.
- Place plain layer on top.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place a heavy book on top for at least 8 hours or overnight if you prefer.
- After it has rested, dilute apricot jam in water and heat over stove.
- Spread thinly on top layer.
- Melt chocolate.
- Spread evenly on top of apricot jam.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Cut into squares in the amount of your choice.
darlene loved these
I loved these cookies and kept on eating them. Unfortunately no one was helping me out which is very bad for two reasons 1) What is wrong with everyone ? 2) I hate dieting. I think my kids are perhaps used to a lighter rainbow cake and these were pretty dense and very moist. I can't explain it otherwise since they were so beautiful and yummy. Made for PAC Fall '08.