1/2 Photos of Rainbow Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #318027's Note:
I'm from New York and trying to find a good baker in Florida to buy these has been hard, so I made my own and they are a hit. I usually have to make double batches because they are gone the first day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together almond paste, butter, eggs, and sugar.
- 2Add flour slowly. Mix until all combined.
- 3Separate dough into three equal parts in separate bowls.
- 4Add red food coloring to one bowl.
- 5Add blue to the other. You can color the other bowl if you prefer.
- 6Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
- 7Spread dough out onto tray.
- 8Repeat using remaining trays and dough.
- 9Bake 350°F for ten minutes.
- 10Let cool. When cool, invert onto hard surface like counter tops lined with saran wrap or parchment paper.
- 11Take red cookie layer and spread with half of the raspberry jam.
- 12Place blue layer on top.
- 13Spread blue layer with raspberry jam.
- 14Place plain layer on top.
- 15Wrap in saran wrap and place a heavy book on top for at least 8 hours or overnight if you prefer.
- 16After it has rested, dilute apricot jam in water and heat over stove.
- 17Spread thinly on top layer.
- 19Melt chocolate.
- 20Spread evenly on top of apricot jam.
- 21Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- 22Cut into squares in the amount of your choice.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 48.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g