Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
After school, with a glass of milk, it is a tradition. If your children are allergic to peanuts, omit the filling or replace with sunflower seed paste.
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml flour
- 0.26 ml red food coloring
- 0.26 ml green food coloring
- 0.26 ml yellow food coloring
Peanut butter filling
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- Blend together the butter with the sugar and the vanilla, creaming thoroughly.
- Blend in the flour gradually.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Into one part, add 4 drops of red food color, into a second part, add 4 drops of yellow food color and into a third part, add 4 drops of green, blending very well each color with your hands.
- Leave the fourth part without food color.
- With your hands, roll down each part of dough in very long strips of about 1/2-inch-thick, placing the strips one along the other, side-by-side on a floured table or board.
- With a rolling pin, roll out lengthwise at 1/8-inch thick, making a four-color strip of about 3 inches wide.
- Repeat until all the dough is transformed into rainbow strips.
- With a round-shape cookie cutter, cut cookies, trying to get a pair number of cookies if you plan to fill them (sandwich style).
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet and cook 8 to 10 min in a preheated oven at 350°F Do not brown.
- Let cool and fill with the peanut butter filling.
- Peanut butter filling:
- Place the brown sugar and the flour in a saucepan and add the water.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- When thick, remove from heat and add the peanut butter, then let cool.
- Use 1 teaspoon between each pair of cookies.