Louise in Montreal's Note:
After school, with a glass of milk, it is a tradition. If your children are allergic to peanuts, omit the filling or replace with sunflower seed paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
Peanut butter filling
- 1Blend together the butter with the sugar and the vanilla, creaming thoroughly.
- 2Blend in the flour gradually.
- 3Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- 4Into one part, add 4 drops of red food color, into a second part, add 4 drops of yellow food color and into a third part, add 4 drops of green, blending very well each color with your hands.
- 5Leave the fourth part without food color.
- 6With your hands, roll down each part of dough in very long strips of about 1/2-inch-thick, placing the strips one along the other, side-by-side on a floured table or board.
- 7With a rolling pin, roll out lengthwise at 1/8-inch thick, making a four-color strip of about 3 inches wide.
- 8Repeat until all the dough is transformed into rainbow strips.
- 9With a round-shape cookie cutter, cut cookies, trying to get a pair number of cookies if you plan to fill them (sandwich style).
- 10Place cookies on a greased baking sheet and cook 8 to 10 min in a preheated oven at 350°F Do not brown.
- 11Let cool and fill with the peanut butter filling.
- 12Peanut butter filling:
- 13Place the brown sugar and the flour in a saucepan and add the water.
- 14Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- 15When thick, remove from heat and add the peanut butter, then let cool.
- 16Use 1 teaspoon between each pair of cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g