1/1 Photo of Rainbow Cole Slaw
This is from Vegetarian Times. Very pretty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 small green cabbage (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 small red cabbage (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1Slice cabbage into thin strips. Grate carrot on largest holes of box grater.
- 2Combine cabbage, carrot and salt in large colander set over bowl. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours. Rinse off salt under cold water. Pat dry.
- 3Put mustard seeds, oil and chili flakes in small skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, or until seeds start to pop, shaking constantly.
- 4Remove from heat and continue shaking pan until popping subsides. Cool in bowl.
- 5Whisk in vinegar, sugar and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Combine cabbage, carrot and bell peppers in large bowl. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings.
- 7Serve immediately, or store up to 1 day in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 905.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g