Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Vegetarian Times. Very pretty!
Make and share this Rainbow Cole Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Slice cabbage into thin strips. Grate carrot on largest holes of box grater.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and salt in large colander set over bowl. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours. Rinse off salt under cold water. Pat dry.
- Put mustard seeds, oil and chili flakes in small skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, or until seeds start to pop, shaking constantly.
- Remove from heat and continue shaking pan until popping subsides. Cool in bowl.
- Whisk in vinegar, sugar and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and bell peppers in large bowl. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve immediately, or store up to 1 day in refrigerator.
really enjoyed the recipe, it is a feast for your mouth and your eyes, it is colorful and the red and yellow peppers gave it a sweet taste, but i substituted the green cabbage for romaine lettuce, because i had some in the fridge and because my stomach can't tolerate green cabbage well since it is hard to digest.thanks for posting