Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very colorful, like a trip through the garden. Refreshing. You will want to use a food processor for this one to save time. Cook time includes 1 hour to chill. From Bon Appetit July 2006.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 small green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 small yam, peeled, grated (red-skinned sweet potato)
- 2 large fuji apples, unpeeled, cored, grated
- 1 medium green pepper, cored, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (to sprinkle on top)
- Whisk mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and maple syrup in small bowl.
- Place cabbages, carrots, yam, apples, pepper, and onions in very large bowl.
- Pour dressing over; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill 1 hour.