Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From July 2006 Bon Appetit magazine. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 small green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 large unpeeled fuji apple, cored and grated
- 1 large unpeeled golden delicious apple, cored and grated
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Whisk mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar and maple syrup in small bowl.
- Place green cabbage and next 7 ingredients in very large bowl.
- Pour dressing over; toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Can be made 8 hours ahead.
- Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.