1/2 Photos of Rainbow Chard With Figs, Garlic, Pine Nuts & Feta
From a post on vegpeople.com. Original is vegan, but we like it with feta cheese. Serve over grains or pasta. We love it as pizza- crust, no sauce with a balsamic vinegar reduction dribbled over it. Can you say Yumm?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop the chard and add it to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. (You can also just braise it; it cooks in about the same time.)
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the figs and pine nuts and cook until the pine nuts are lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- 3Stir in the chard and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until warmed, stirring occasionally.
- 4Sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Chard With Figs, Garlic, Pine Nuts & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 486.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g