Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very cool 3 layer cake that is delicious and pretty to look at. Frost as desired.
Make and share this Rainbow Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, sugar, shortening, salt and 1 cup milk and blend 2 minutes.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Add egg whites and 1/2 cup milk and blend 2 minutes.
- Divide batter into 3 parts.
- White layer: Add 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Yellow layer: add 3- 4 drops of yellow food coloring and 1/2 tsp lemon extract.
- Dark layer: add cinnamon, cloves, soda and cocoa blended with water.
- Bake each layer in an 8 inch pan rubbed with shortening and lined with waxed paper, for 25- 30 minutes in 360* oven.
- Allow to cool and frost as desired.