Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the blog Picky Palate (http://picky-palate.com). These are beautiful and yummy.
Make and share this Rainbow Bright Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small vanilla instant pudding mix
- food coloring (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Purple)
- vanilla or cream cheese frosting, of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, sour cream and pudding on medium until well combined. Batter will be nice and thick.
- Divide batter evenly between 5 white or glass bowls. Drop 5 different colors of food coloring into each cake batter bowl until you reach your desired colors. Stir well.
- Spoon each color into paper lined cupcake tins until all are filled. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and let cool completely. Frost with frosting of choice.
these are AWESOME, i made a cake with them for my little cuz 6th b-day, they alllll loved them and parents kept asking me how to make it... not only are they cool but the tasted AMAZING with the sour cream it made it extra moist, and i also used french vanilla cake mix rather then white. VERY YUMMY i recommed this
Had so much fun making these for DGSs while they are visiting. I used a white cake mix as that's what I had and tried for Spring colors using gel food coloring. They turned out so bright and pretty. I saved time by using a canned cream cheese frosting topping with sprinkles. They were soooo excited to bite into them and see all the colors. The youngest has even asked for a cake made like this for his b-day this summer.
The kids are loving these. Easy to make turned out tasty, too. Watch the bake time or they brown on the top & lose some of the effect. I used gel coloring.