Recipe by Boomette
From the blog Picky Palate (http://picky-palate.com). These are beautiful and yummy.
Top Review by charree329
I found that after adding the food coloring, put each colored batter into separate zip lock baggies, remove the air then cut a tip off of one corner of each bag, then begin filling your cupcake liners. This is a great way to have your kids help you, too. The same can be done with icing.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small vanilla instant pudding mix
- food coloring (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Purple)
- vanilla or cream cheese frosting, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, sour cream and pudding on medium until well combined. Batter will be nice and thick.
- Divide batter evenly between 5 white or glass bowls. Drop 5 different colors of food coloring into each cake batter bowl until you reach your desired colors. Stir well.
- Spoon each color into paper lined cupcake tins until all are filled. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and let cool completely. Frost with frosting of choice.