Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pretty and yummy!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces m&m's miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda, add to creamed mixture.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Stir in baking chips and nuts.
- Spread dough in greased 13x9 pan and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
35 minutes baking time was too long. Outer part was hard and overcooked. Cut that part away and was able to serve the center (cut into squares). Would start checking for doneness at 25 minutes.
My kids and dh loved these!
*Just imagine* butterscotch brownies WITH chocolate chips WITH walnuts, WITH M & M's! How could these be anything but five star and loaded with danger? This recipe is from the M & M web site and what is missing is the "rainbow" part, which is your choice of M & M colors pressed into the top of the bars before baking. I used Halloween colors for a real estate open house in late October. Because these are thick they need to cool a very long time (3-4 hours) before cutting. I speak from experience as I didn't have the patience to wait.