Recipe by Nikki Kate
I found this recipe at Hershey's! YUMMY!!
Top Review by michelles3boys
Oh my gosh, these are delicious!! They taste like an ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie. I used colorful M&M's instead of the kissables because that is what I had on hand. I also baked them in a 9x13 Pyrex dish instead of a jelly-roll pan. I cooked them for about 24 minutes, and they were still a little gooey in the middle, but that's the way we like them. My sons devoured them and were asking for more. Believe me I will be making these again and again!! Thanks Nikki for the great recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs, 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packagehershey's kissables miniature kisses (1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and shortening until blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat well. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; beat thoroughly. Gradually beat in flour (if dough becomes too stiff to use mixer, stir in remaining flour with spoon). Stir in candies and pecans, if desired. Press dough into ungreased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 3 dozen bars.