Rainbow Bean Soup Mix in a Quart Jar
- Use a quart jar that has a wide mouth, but if you can't find one any quart jar will work.
- Place each type of bean in jar in the order listed above.
- Top with seasoning bag, gently flattened so it can be seen from all sides.
- Place lid, decorate jar and attach recipe.
- Put an expiration date: one year from time of assembly.
- DIRECTIONS TO MAKE RAINBOW BEAN SOUP:.
- Remove seasoning packet from the jar and set to the side. Rinse beans and place beans in large microwave-safe dish. Cover with water 1" to 2" over top of beans. Cover dish loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 15 minutes, rotating after 7 minutes. Drain and rinse beans very well; place in a large pot. Add 8 cups water, one 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes and seasonings from packet. Cover, bring to boil. Lower heat, cover pan and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Stir occasionally.