1/1 Photo of Rainbow Bean Soup Mix in a Quart Jar
Julie Leo's Note:
This makes a great gift. I have made many welcome/gift baskets for my neighbors. When I give the gift, I add a can of crushed tomatoes and a package of soup crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dried red beans
- 3/4 cup dried great northern beans
- 3/4 cup dried split peas
- 3/4 cup lentils (Brown lentils are fine, but red lentils or yellow split peas make a real rainbow of colors in the ja)
- 3/4 cup dried black beans
Mix Together And Place In Ziploc Baggie
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules (sold in soup section)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- canned ham (a five-ounce can, if you choose this option, you will need to change the written instructions to rea)
- 1Use a quart jar that has a wide mouth, but if you can't find one any quart jar will work.
- 2Place each type of bean in jar in the order listed above.
- 3Top with seasoning bag, gently flattened so it can be seen from all sides.
- 4Place lid, decorate jar and attach recipe.
- 5Put an expiration date: one year from time of assembly.
- 6DIRECTIONS TO MAKE RAINBOW BEAN SOUP:.
- 7Remove seasoning packet from the jar and set to the side. Rinse beans and place beans in large microwave-safe dish. Cover with water 1" to 2" over top of beans. Cover dish loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 15 minutes, rotating after 7 minutes. Drain and rinse beans very well; place in a large pot. Add 8 cups water, one 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes and seasonings from packet. Cover, bring to boil. Lower heat, cover pan and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Bean Soup Mix in a Quart Jar
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened lemonade drink mix