1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/8 cup dried red beans
- 3/8 cup dried great northern beans
- 3/8 cup dried split peas
- 3/8 cup lentils (*)
- 3/8 cup dried black beans
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (**)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (sold in soup section **)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (**)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (**)
- 1 teaspoon sweetened lemonade drink mix (**)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder (**)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (**)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (**)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (**)
- 1Look for red lentils or yellow split peas for a real rainbow of colors in this mix, if you can't find use regular brown lentils or pick a colorful dried bean of your choice for this layer.
- 2Mix seasonings and place in a thin zipper sandwich bag.
- 3Use a Pint Jar that has a wide mouth.
- 4Place each type of bean in jar in order listed above.
- 5Top with season bag, gently flatten bag so it can be seen from all sides.
- 6Put lid on jar.
- 7Decorate jar.
- 8Attach recipe to jar.
- 9Put a expiration date on year from now.
- 10RAINBOW BEAN SOUP.
- 11Remove seasoning packet.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Rinse beans place beans in large microwave safe dish.
- 14Cover with water 1" to 2" over top of beans.
- 15Cover dish loosely with plastic wrap.
- 16Microwave on high for 15 minutes, rotating after 7 minutes.
- 17Drain and rinse beans very well.
- 18Place beans in very large pan.
- 19Add 4 cups water and 1/2 can crushed tomatoes and seasonings from packet.
- 20Cover, bring to boil.
- 21Lower heat, cover pan and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- 22STIR OCCASIONALLY.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Bean Soup in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 1092.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 61.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened lemonade drink mix