Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Originally written up as a treat for kids (CD cookbook), if you top these cupcakes with a mini umbrella they become a sweet treat for bridal or baby showers.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (blue)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) containerthawed Cool Whip
- cake decorating gel or colored crystal sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan, filling each cup 1/2 full. Bake as directed on package. Cool cupcakes in pan 15 minutes, then pierce with two-pronged meat fork at 1/4 inch intervals.
- Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water. Gradually spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. Frost with whipped topping. Draw umbrellas on cupcakes with decorating gel and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Or, as mentioned in the heading, use an umbrella pick (for adults only)and serve these at showers, etc.