Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast, easy, a nice change from mayo type dressings.
- 709.77 ml shredded cabbage
- 29.58 ml minced onions
- 59.14 ml minced green pepper
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml oil
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml celery salt
- In large bowl place cabbage, onion and green pepper; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil; simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss before serving.
A great change from the mayo type dressing-loved the green pepper and the flavor the celery seeds imparted to this dish-I'm going to try this with my N.C. BBQ next time! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
A very good salad. We used this with a German sausage dinner, and nary a drop left. Thanks, Barb for posting.
Really delicious. I served this slaw along side hamburgers (Sat is my hamburger night) and Baking stone french fries. Thanks Barb!