Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
It kinda like a grilled PB&J. It's a great way to do PB&J in the morning!! Mmm it's so delicious!
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jam or 1 tablespoon jelly or 1 tablespoon preserves
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 slice butter
- Get a skillet and warm if up. Place a slice of butter on the skillet to keep from sticking. And it gives it a little flavor:).
- Then go about how you would normally make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Put some jelly on one piece and the peanut butter on the other. Then put them together.
- Then place the sandwich on the skillet and grill until one side is brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and repeat.
I loved this! I did make it more like a grilled cheese though by putting the butter on the bread rather than in the skillet. Now I'm wondering why I've never thought of this before - I'll be doing this recipe often! Thanks!
This is a yummy breakfast treat! I used whole wheat bread and strawberry preserves. The peanut butter combined with grilling this in butter gave it a very rich taste. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
The butter added an interesting flavor. It is a nice twist on your basic Peanut Butter and Jelly. Thank You for posting this simple, yet effective recipe.