1/1 Photo of Rahmschnitzel
Anne Edgell's Note:
Here's the recipe passes down from mother for this wonderful meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices top round veal, cut no thicker than 1/4" (have butcher tenderize)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 250 g creme fraiche (8 1/2 oz) or 250 g heavy whipping cream (8 1/2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon instant clear broth or 1 can clear broth (use vegetable if clear not available)
- salt and pepper
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, sliced (17.5 oz)
- 11 bottle champagne Fruity ice cream dessert, as desired Directions: In heavy frying pan,on medium heat setting, brown meat on both sides, at the same time sauteing the onions and garlic.When onions start turning dark, add 2 tbs red wine, continue cooking and reducing wine liquid.
- 2Repeat this procedure 4 more times.
- 3(Use about 250-300 ml red wine) The last addition of red wine is reduced by only one half, then add the creme fraiche or heavy cream, stirring frequently to avoid lumps.
- 4Reduce heat to low and let simmer, adding clear broth.
- 5Add pepper and salt to taste. Don't overdo it. When the Rahm (cream) has been reduced and is fairly thick, add the sliced mushrooms.
- 6Turn off heat and remove pan.
- 7(Adding the mushrooms thins the Rahm, so be sure that the Rahm was thick prior to adding mushrooms). Stir well, cover pan and let rest for a couple of minutes.
- 8Serve over rice and with a tomato salad, or over noodles and a tossed green salad.
- 9To finish the successful meal, enjoy an ice sorbet and a glass of champagne.
Nutritional Facts for Rahmschnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.5
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
top round veal
instant clear broth