Looking for something with just a little more punch or "specialness". Came across this, made it, & declared success! Note - I used pork loin, sliced 1/2 inch thick, & then pounded, as with any escalope.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large veal escalopes, pounded thin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean & sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (spring onions) or 2 tablespoons scallions (spring onions)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1In a shallow dish place the escalopes and pour over the lemon juice. Set aside and marinate for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove the veal from the marinade and dry them on paper towels. Discard the lemon juice.
- 2Season flour with salt, pepper & paprika. Place the flour on a plate and, one by one, dip the escalopes in it, shaking off any excess. Set aside.
- 3In a large frying pan, melt 3 T of the butter over moderate heat. When the foam subsides, place the escalopes in the pan. Fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are lightly and evenly browned.
- 4Pour in the white wine and bring to the boil. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring constantly. With tongs or a slotted spoon remove the escalopes from the pan and place them on a warmed serving dish.
- 5Set the dish aside and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- 6Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt it over moderate heat.
- 7When the foam subsides, add the mushrooms, chives or scallions, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the pan and stir well to mix. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- 8Pour the sauce over the escalopes and serve at once.
- 9Suggested accompaniments: creamed potatoes, petite peas, well-chilled bottle of Rudesheimer wine.
Nutritional Facts for Rahmschnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 843.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: