Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shredded romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
My kids have become Ragu lovers. I have been trying sauce after sauce to find a homemade kind they would eat. This got rave reviews from the kids. It is also very, very close to the stuff at the store. This is going into permanent rotation.
I can't tell you how long it has been since I have used Ragu so I can't really tell you if this is close or not. For a quick sauce, it is very good. I made this to go with Easy and Fast Chicken Parm. After tasting the sauce, I decided it need oregano and I added about 1 teaspoon dried. A good and easy sauce.