Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from the Ragu web site. The original recipe called for 2 pounds of beef and 1 can of beans.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- grated cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Brown meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.