Recipe by MsPia
I haven't tried this recipe yet. What attracted me the most was the use of saffron, since I'm a saffron addict. Also the recipe does not mention the servings, so if you make it, please z-mail me and let me know if I'm off with my guess.
Top Review by mandagirl
This was good. Very different from any meat sauce I have ever made before. I, also, love saffron and felt a pinch wasn't enough...at least not for me. Next time I will add a bit more. I cooked 1/2 pound of pasta and there was plenty of extra sauce to pass around.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (imported Italian )
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil over low heat until onion softens thoroughly. Add garlic and parsley and raise heat to moderate. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turkey, red pepper flakes and saffron and continue cooking. Break up meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until meat is cooked through but not brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and simmer partially covered for 25 minutes.