Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so good. I am not sure about the serving size since that it has been a long time since I have made this. I will have to guess at this one.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or just olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 red onions or 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1⁄2 dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (I just add lotsa fresh garlic)
- 6 -8 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- Saute garlic in olive oil spray.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the olive oil and basil.
- Simmer for 1 to 6 hours, add basil and olive oil to sauce a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.