Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy to prepare and a best of its kind. It is an original recipe that I developed to use up some horrendous frozen meatballs. Don't be dismayed by the unusual combination of seasonings. I have served it to many of my friends and family and they all rave about it.
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs (any kind from the freezer section of the store)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups chicken stock, Bovril is fine (chicken is nicer than beef in this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- Dump meatballs into slow cooker.
- Combine seasonings and flour.
- Mix chicken stock with water.
- Add flour and seasonings to liquid and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour over meatballs and cook on high for 4 - 5 hours or on low for the day.
- Serve over naked mashed potatoes (This is a great dish with instant potatoes if you are in a hurry).
- If you happen to pass through the kitchen, stir the mixture a couple of times during the day, but this is not critical.
- If you are in a real hurry, just whisk the flour into the water and dump everything into the slow cooker, stir as well as possible as let it cook.
This recipe was very easy to make which is why I chose it, however the flavor combinations are just not for me.