Recipe by freedom.financial
Easy to prepare and a best of its kind. It is an original recipe that I developed to use up some horrendous frozen meatballs. Don't be dismayed by the unusual combination of seasonings. I have served it to many of my friends and family and they all rave about it.
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs (any kind from the freezer section of the store)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups chicken stock, Bovril is fine (chicken is nicer than beef in this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump meatballs into slow cooker.
- Combine seasonings and flour.
- Mix chicken stock with water.
- Add flour and seasonings to liquid and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour over meatballs and cook on high for 4 - 5 hours or on low for the day.
- Serve over naked mashed potatoes (This is a great dish with instant potatoes if you are in a hurry).
- If you happen to pass through the kitchen, stir the mixture a couple of times during the day, but this is not critical.
- If you are in a real hurry, just whisk the flour into the water and dump everything into the slow cooker, stir as well as possible as let it cook.