Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
You don't have to use what I do.. this dish is one that you can throw just about anything into.
- 1 lb chunked beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chili pepper, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 bag penne pasta
- olive oil
- Cook Pasta according to package.
- In a large fry pan add the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, chili, and bell pepper until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for apporximately 3 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoe sauce, the herbs, and the beef.
- Simmer for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta, and simmer for another 10 minutes.