Recipe by Rhondapalooza
Flavorful and tasty, this dish is sure to be a treat. You could substitute a bag of frozen vegetables to cut down on preparation time, but to me you just can't beat fresh veggies! Enjoy!
- 1 cup yellow rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen okra, cut
- 2 links hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes, undrained (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, sprinkle the shrimp with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat. Remove skin from 2 links of hot italian turkey sausage. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat and brown the sausage in small chunks. Add shrimp to pan; saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove sausage and shrimp from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add all vegetables and thyme. Saute 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cooked rice, shrimp, sausage, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and add chicken broth to desired sauce consistency. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.