Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is another hand me down found in the family treasure box. I have not tried this yet.
- 4 lbs shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- bamboo skewer
- Combine shrimp with all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir to coat shrimp.
- Refrigerate covered for two hours, stir occasionally.
- Soak bamboo skewers in ice water for 2 hours to prevent their burning.
- Preheat grill.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Thread shrimp on skewers.
- Grill just until shrimp turn pink, basting with marinade.
- Serve immediately.
This was outstanding. The best shrimp I think I've ever made. I made as stated except I omitted the peper flakes, little mouths in the house. DH and DD loved it. My 3 yo DD ate 6 shrimp herself. Served it with "recipe #216364". Made a great dinner. Thanks for the recipe.