Recipe by BecR
One of our favorites! Delicious-- and so easy!!! This is a simple meal to put together and then come home to after a day of shopping or sports. Serve with a crusty baguette or rolls. Enjoy!
Top Review by Goldenrod
Loved it! The only thing I changed were the bell peppers, I used one orange and one yellow instead of two green. I find that the orange and yellow are sweeter. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced (with leaves)
- 16 ounces kielbasa or 16 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I use Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 lb frozen tailless cooked large shrimp, defrosted
- snipped fresh parsley, to garnish
- hot sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients except the shrimp into the crock pot; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 4-5 hours, until rice is done and vegetables are tender. (If you have an older model crockpot as I do, cook on HIGH for same amount of time).
- Stir in the shrimp, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with snipped parsley and serve with hot sauce at the table.