1/4 Photos of Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya (Crock Pot)
5 hrs 10 mins
One of our favorites! Delicious-- and so easy!!! This is a simple meal to put together and then come home to after a day of shopping or sports. Serve with a crusty baguette or rolls. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced (with leaves)
- 16 ounces kielbasa or 16 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I use Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 lb frozen tailless cooked large shrimp, defrosted
- snipped fresh parsley, to garnish
- hot sauce, to serve
- 1Place all the ingredients except the shrimp into the crock pot; stir well to combine.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW heat for 4-5 hours, until rice is done and vegetables are tender. (If you have an older model crockpot as I do, cook on HIGH for same amount of time).
- 3Stir in the shrimp, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- 4Garnish with snipped parsley and serve with hot sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 1187.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 24.6 g