Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really easy, great tasting casserole! I am guessing at the size can of tomatoes and chicken broth. It is just the regular size cans.
- 8 ounces smoked sausage
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb medium shrimp, upeeled
- Saute sausage and chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and next 3 ingredients;saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and stir in rice;cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.