Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my version of a family favorite growing up called "Raggio di Sole" or "Ray of Sun". This soup can make you feel the warmth of the summer sun, even on the coldest of winter night.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 large onion (clopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 buttercup squash (peeled and cubed)
- 5 -7 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger (zest)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup coconut cream or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Heat oil and butter in a pot over medium heat, add onion and garlic. Cook until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add squash, carrot, ginger and cover with water. (and salt).
- Add the turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, and clove.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hr or until squash is tender and softened all the way through.
- Then Puree in a blender with 1 cup coconut cream.
- Serve Hot or Chilled.