1 hr 30 mins
This is my version of a family favorite growing up called "Raggio di Sole" or "Ray of Sun". This soup can make you feel the warmth of the summer sun, even on the coldest of winter night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 large onion (clopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 buttercup squash (peeled and cubed)
- 5 -7 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger (zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup coconut cream or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1Heat oil and butter in a pot over medium heat, add onion and garlic. Cook until onion begins to caramelize.
- 2Add squash, carrot, ginger and cover with water. (and salt).
- 3Add the turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, and clove.
- 4Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hr or until squash is tender and softened all the way through.
- 5Then Puree in a blender with 1 cup coconut cream.
- 6Serve Hot or Chilled.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raggio Di Sole
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: