Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my home economics teacher when I was in the 8th grade almost 40 years ago. Even after all these years, they are still my favorite cookies. A chocolate oatmeal non-bake cookie. Trust me, they are delicious!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix together in medium saucepan, sugar and cocoa.
- Add milk and butter, stir over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil for one minute, then remove pan from heat.
- Quickly add vanilla, peanut butter, and oatmeal.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
Boy, do these take me back! I use to make these a lot when I was in Girl Scouts...about 35 years ago...it was a great way to teach the girls how to cook simple recipes, and this was definitely one the keepers! Thanks for keeping a great memory alive...I wouldn't change a thing!
I've made these twice now. My kids and my husband gobbled them up both times. The second time I made them with raisons in them. They are delicious. Great combination chocolate and oatmeal. We love them! Thanks for sharing with us.