Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad the kids will enjoy. Hope you enjoy making it.
- 1 peach
- 4 small celery ribs
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 8 raisins
- 1 slice cherries
- 14.79 ml approx. grated yellow cheese
- 1 piece of ruffled lettuce
- ARRANGE AS FOLLOWS:.
- Place the peach half on a plate with the half of egg above it for the head.
- Tuck the ruffled lettuce under the peach half body.
- The celery sticks are the arms and legs.
- The raisins will the stuck in for the eyes,nose, buttons, and the two shoes.
- Put the cherry slice in for the mouth.
- Arrange the grated cheese around the head for the hair.
I own an old copy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook for Boys and Girls and this very same recipe is printed in the book! What a wonderful memory and I was both surprised and thrilled to see the recipe posted on Recipezaar! Sorry, I made Raggedy Ann look like she were abducted by space aliens, but ~Tasty~ and I did have fun making this treat today! I had to make substitutions for what I had on hand: pear for peach, added some radish for hair and mouth, arugula leaves for the dress, etc.