Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like these cookies. I hope some of you will too. I don't really remember the prep time so it's just a guess.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the shortening, brown sugar and white sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla salt and eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the oats, rice cereal, and nuts.
- Mix to combine.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- These cookies should still be very soft when taken from the oven.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
These are awesome! I confess I wasn't expecting much - I just needed to use up some rice krispies and was sick of making rice krispie treats. They have a lovely butterscotch-type flavor and a nice crunch. I did find I had to chill the dough until it was good and cold or else they spread all over the cookie sheet. I will definitely keep this recipe on hand and make it again and again, I really love these! I did also leave out the nuts as I have a small toddler and they are a choking hazard for him, and I wanted him to be able to have the occasional treat too, but I certainly didn't miss the nuts at all. Thanks for this recipe!