Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From a newspaper clipping. Prep time does not include cooling time.
Top Review by LB in Middle Georgia
I just made this and Raggedy Ann yummy this is so addicting pretty easy but I asked my son to pour the syrup over the stuff, I used Craisins and Cashews what a combination. I will be making this often for fun Snacks and school functions.
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 3⁄4 cup broken nutmeats
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornflakes, raisins, and nuts in a large pan and place them in the oven to warm.
- (It is important that the cornflakes be crisp and whole and the raisings dry without adding moisture).
- Boil the other ingredients until the syrup reaches 300 or spins a hard brittle thread.
- Pour the syrup slowly over the cornflake mixture, blending lightly but thoroughly.
- Spread out thinly on wax paper.
- Avoid packing.
- Cool and break or cut into pieces.