Recipe by HokiesMom
A great kid's recipe to put together for fun. You can use other ingredients other than the carrots (like shredded cheese) but I prefer the shredded carrots. From TOH Cookbook 1998
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
I was browsing through your Bev. Tag Cookbook and saw this recipe - I also go it from Taste of Home. I have made it with my kids and also when teaching preschool/pre-K classes at my church many times. The kids always love this - never fails to be a hit!
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 4 canned peaches (or apricot halves)
- 8 raisins
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup grated carrot (crosswise & lengthwise)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 cup lettuce on four separate salad plates.
- Place peach halves, cut side down, on lettuce.
- On each peach, place two raisins for eyes and two cherry halves for mouth.
- Arrange carrots around peach for hair (crosswise shred for Andy and lengthwise shred for Ann).