Ragged Island, Bahamas.....tranquility and great food come to mind. Try this spicy rice served with blackened grilled chicken, and experience a taste of the Caribbean. Submitted for RSC #8. NOTE:Changes have been made to this recipe March 29/06...edited to add forgotten ingredients!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon yellow curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooked in chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (or more if you like spicy food)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue grill to high, place chicken on grill and turn grill down to medium.
- Grill chicken breasts on barbecue until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F or until juice run clear. Outsides will be somewhat blackened.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onions, peppers and curry paste.
- Sauté for approx 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, tomatoes, sour cream, cumin and black pepper, and mix all together and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat for approx 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve topped with sliced blackened chicken.