1/2 Photos of Ragged Island Fried Rice With Blackened Chicken
Ragged Island, Bahamas.....tranquility and great food come to mind. Try this spicy rice served with blackened grilled chicken, and experience a taste of the Caribbean. Submitted for RSC #8. NOTE:Changes have been made to this recipe March 29/06...edited to add forgotten ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooked in chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (or more if you like spicy food)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat barbecue grill to high, place chicken on grill and turn grill down to medium.
- 2Grill chicken breasts on barbecue until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F or until juice run clear. Outsides will be somewhat blackened.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat until hot.
- 4Add onions, peppers and curry paste.
- 5Sauté for approx 5 minutes.
- 6Add cooked rice, tomatoes, sour cream, cumin and black pepper, and mix all together and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Heat for approx 10 minutes, until heated through.
- 8Serve topped with sliced blackened chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ragged Island Fried Rice With Blackened Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 392.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow curry paste