Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by Ferrero's Raffaello.
- Blend with mixer margarine, milk and sugar.
- Stir in coconut by hands but leave about 50 grams for decorating.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Make balls of dough and roll them over left coconut.
- If you like, you can place pealed hazelnut in center of each ball.
This was really sweet! I really liked it, although it got a bit sticky at times. I had a hard time making out the measurements so I had my mother help since she still uses these measurements even after living in Canada for nearly thirty years. Thanks for the great recipe.
I wasn't too sure about the powdered milk (as I don't like the taste of powdered milk), so I made one batch without them, and one batch with! Personally I liked the batch without more, but DH preferred it WITH! The only thing I would really change next time is to perhaps add a drop or two of vanilla essence. It's certainly rich though, and very 'pretty' looking for tea parties etc! (Reviewed for Spring PAC 2007)
Mmm, very rich and decadent! Great for coconut lovers. I made 1/4 recipe and rolled the dough into about one inch balls - got 25 so I would up the recipe yield to about a hundred little morsels of yum! Used half margarine and half butter, well softened. Thanks for sharing the recipe!