Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know there’s a lot of recipes out there, but this one is special. My mother made this when I was a kid. I craved this when I was pregnant, but my attempts were never right. I finally got this recipe from her!!
- 2 slices salt pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock, cut into large cubes (no substitutes, please)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 quart milk
- In a large saucepan, place 2 slices salt pork over medium heat, and turn till brown.
- Take out and discard.
- Add potatoes and onions, and cover with water.
- Boil until tender.
- Add fish and boil lightly until fish flakes.
- Add milk, and heat through, but don’t boil.