Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Clams, bacon fat, and Alton! Sounds like a perfect evening to me!
- 24 littleneck clams
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh pepper
- 44.37 ml bacon fat
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- malt vinegar
- Half shell the clams and set them aside.
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pan over high heat, render the bacon fat.
- Sprinkle a generous coating of the flour mixture over all the clams and carefully place them flesh side down, using a spoon, into the fat.
- Cook for about two minutes and remove to serving plates flesh side up.
- Top them with fresh parsley and malt vinegar.
This recipe by Alton Brown really is amazing. Quick, simple, but completely delicious!! You must try this
Because of the bacon fat (and our lack of available littleneck clams), this is a rare treat. But I have to tell you, it is WONDERFUL!! I love, love this recipe. I will drive 45 minutes to a little meat market, just so I can get frozen (FROZEN!- not even fresh!) little neck clams so I can make this. The first time I made it, I wasn't quite sure what to do, but now, I can do it in my sleep. The malt vinegar is a MUST - as is trying this recipe. Thank you very much for posting this, now I won't have to worry about misplacing mine.