- 24 littleneck clams
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- malt vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Half shell the clams and set them aside.
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pan over high heat, render the bacon fat.
- Sprinkle a generous coating of the flour mixture over all the clams and carefully place them flesh side down, using a spoon, into the fat.
- Cook for about two minutes and remove to serving plates flesh side up.
- Top them with fresh parsley and malt vinegar.