Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Clams, bacon fat, and Alton! Sounds like a perfect evening to me!
Make and share this Radonsky for the New Millennium by Alton Brown recipe from Food.com.
- Half shell the clams and set them aside.
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pan over high heat, render the bacon fat.
- Sprinkle a generous coating of the flour mixture over all the clams and carefully place them flesh side down, using a spoon, into the fat.
- Cook for about two minutes and remove to serving plates flesh side up.
- Top them with fresh parsley and malt vinegar.
Because of the bacon fat (and our lack of available littleneck clams), this is a rare treat. But I have to tell you, it is WONDERFUL!! I love, love this recipe. I will drive 45 minutes to a little meat market, just so I can get frozen (FROZEN!- not even fresh!) little neck clams so I can make this. The first time I made it, I wasn't quite sure what to do, but now, I can do it in my sleep. The malt vinegar is a MUST - as is trying this recipe. Thank you very much for posting this, now I won't have to worry about misplacing mine.