Clams, bacon fat, and Alton! Sounds like a perfect evening to me!
Make and share this Radonsky for the New Millennium by Alton Brown recipe from Food.com.
- Half shell the clams and set them aside.
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pan over high heat, render the bacon fat.
- Sprinkle a generous coating of the flour mixture over all the clams and carefully place them flesh side down, using a spoon, into the fat.
- Cook for about two minutes and remove to serving plates flesh side up.
- Top them with fresh parsley and malt vinegar.