Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different kind of salad with some crunch.
Make and share this Radish Sprout and Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup radish sprouts
- 1⁄2 chopped watercress
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse, drain and set aside the lentils.
- Put the water and shallot in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, and lentils.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Do not overcook, the lentils should have a crunch.
- Drain the lentils, discarding the shallot, garlic and the bay leaf.
- For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Mix the lentils, sprouts and the watercress in a salad bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
A very healthy and crunchy salad. Taste is good, but it misses some colour and different textures.
This was a healthy salad (I especially liked the fact there was no oil in the dressing) but I felt it was a touch bland. Next time, I would make twice as much dressing and also add a bit of feta cheese or perhaps some tomatoes and finely chopped red onions to dress it up a bit. I'd also add the sprouts at the last minute, so they don't get soggy with the marinating. Just a few small changes would make this good salad great!