Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This soup from The Radish Council is very unique - a combination that never would've occurred to me. It is incredibly easy to prepare & certain to make a taste & visual impression to be remembered.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb raw shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1 1⁄2 cups radishes (sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach (shredded)
- 2⁄3 cup green onion (scallions, sliced)
- In a lrg saucepan over med heat, bring broth to a boil. Stir in vinegar, sugar, red pepper & ginger.
- Add shrimp. Cook till shrimp turn pink & curl (3-4 minutes). Turn off heat. Stir in radishes, spinach & green onions.
- Cover & let stand 2-3 min before serving.
I tried this Asian soup with a piece of Asian radish, daikon, which I shredded. I did go a little easy on the sugar but still found the flavor too sweet for me. Just more evidence that we are all different, I think. Thank you for the experience.