Recipe by Elmotoo
A variation of this came to me by way of IVillage. This salad is good when served with cooked new potatoes, barbecue dishes, as a spread or filling in sandwiches or simply as a topping on canapé.
Top Review by Rita~
This is so deceiving! Yes it is sweet. And I used only 1 tablespoon of sugar.. This can get addictive. Last of my radishes from my garden and glad I used them in this recipe. My bunch of scallions was 6 kinda small ones. I did use Kefir in place of the creme fraiche much healthier. ;)
Thanks Beth for turning me one to this delightful salad,
- 6 -10 radishes, small, medium
- 1 large bunch scallion
- 2 -4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry the vegetables. Slice the scallions and place in a bowl. Add some salt and all of the sugar — this salad is supposed to taste sweet — mix gently.
- Cut the radishes in thin slices. Mix in the radish slices. Add the creme fraiche, one tablespoon at a time, until you get a mixture resembling a creamy potato salad in consistency.
- Serve immediately, as both the sugar and salt draw out liquid from the vegetables, making the salad soggy.