Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of this came to me by way of IVillage. This salad is good when served with cooked new potatoes, barbecue dishes, as a spread or filling in sandwiches or simply as a topping on canapé.
- 6 -10 radishes, small, medium
- 1 large bunch scallion
- 2 -4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- Rinse and dry the vegetables. Slice the scallions and place in a bowl. Add some salt and all of the sugar — this salad is supposed to taste sweet — mix gently.
- Cut the radishes in thin slices. Mix in the radish slices. Add the creme fraiche, one tablespoon at a time, until you get a mixture resembling a creamy potato salad in consistency.
- Serve immediately, as both the sugar and salt draw out liquid from the vegetables, making the salad soggy.
This is so deceiving! Yes it is sweet. And I used only 1 tablespoon of sugar.. This can get addictive. Last of my radishes from my garden and glad I used them in this recipe. My bunch of scallions was 6 kinda small ones. I did use Kefir in place of the creme fraiche much healthier. ;)
Thanks Beth for turning me one to this delightful salad,
This is a great way to enjoy radish. I don't like radish but in this salad it's very good. Thanks Elmotoo :) Made for ZWT 8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
Loved the crunch and kick from the radishes and onions paired with the sweetness of the dressing. Definitely easy and will make again, thanks! Made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes :)