1/5 Photos of Radish Sandwiches
These tasty little sandwiches are great for appetizers, tea parties, ladies luncheons, etc., but my husband ate two full size sandwiches for lunch, and loved them. The recipe is from One of a Kind, a Mobile Junior League community cookbook I received from Sweetpea Burgess in the recent cookbook swap. Note for the World Tour participants - this recipe is included in the British category. These are ideal little sandwiches to be served with tea, as is common in Britain.
My Private Note
tea siz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 radishes, trimmed
- 6 ounces cream cheese (I used low fat)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used Smart Beat Spread)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, without stems
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped
- fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 6 -8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1For the filling, finely chop the radishes in the food processor (or hand grater). Place in a large sieve or colander. Press with paper towels to drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- 2Cream the cream cheese and butter together until fluffy (I used the food processor); add drained chopped radishes, parsley, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and cream again.
- 3Cut crusts from bread and cut into small squares or rounds. Spread with filling, and garnish with sliced or whole radishes coated with coarse salt.
- 4Chill thoroughly before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Radish Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g