Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love radishes! This recipe has some great flavors--!!
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 15 medium red radishes, ends trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 head lettuce, I used Romaine recipe recommends iceberg, torn in bitesize pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, vinegar, shallot, Worcestershire, black pepper (to taste) and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, breaking up any large pieces with a fork; set aside.
- With a veggie peeler, peel carrots into long, thin ribbons; add to bowl with dressing along with radishes and lettuce.
- Toss to combine; season lightly with salt.
- Divide among four bowls; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Serve immediately.
We thought this was very good. Thanks for posting such a good salad recipe.
This is a terrific salad if you like blue cheese. The dressing is perfect here. I julienned the carrots into matchsticks instead of ribbons, but made no other changes. I topped everything with lots of cracked pepper. Thank you Katie for sharing your recipe!
love radishes too and bleu cheese--this was part of a spread--salad with apples and blue cheese, radish sandwiches, and this--a sampler of English recipes for the Tour. I really liked this salad and I liked that it is made with light mayo and sour cream. Really good, Katie!