Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A salad with a Scandinavian twist! Adapted from an aritcle by Rick Nelson, Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune.
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 15 -20 medium radishes (or shaved) or 15 -20 large radishes, trimmed and sliced thin (or shaved)
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, caraway, oregano, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss radishes with vinegar-oil mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This is a "great for a change salad". I left out the caraway but did use the fresh oregano. Loved it! Thanks for shasring.
Radishes are a very underutilized vegetable. This recipe was so delicious that we added it to our blog: http://randdkitchen.blogspot.ca/2013/08/burgers-with-bean-salad-and-radish-salad.html
Delicious and different.